Friday, October 30, 2009

* Our Trip to the ER*

So as many of you might have heard, Ethan went to the ER today.
Last night at 5:30 I was feeding Tucker his dinner. I don't know if I have mentioned this or not, in a post, but Tucker is eating baby food 3 times a day now!! Woohoo!!!! I am excited even though it means he is growing up.-- but anyway, back to Ethan--
Ethan and I were sitting in the same chair and he had his arms wrapped around my neck,behind me, just chatting away. Asking tons of questions as usual.   We were waiting on Gus to get home and so I told Ethan to go wash his hands and use the potty so he would be ready for dinner when daddy got home. Well--He jumped off the chair and his arm got stuck in the rot iron bars on the chair. Evidentially his arm got twisted while in the process. So of course, he starts screaming..Poor guy...he was in so much pain. It didn't swell, it didn't feel broken, it didn't look broken, he just wouldn't move it or let us touch it.  We iced it and waited. He seemed to be dealing with the pain and we thought it might just get better. I thought it might have been just sore muscles, so this is where we decided to just wait it out until morning. We iced it and he basically just sat on the couch until bed holding his arm. Such a sad thing to watch :(

 This morning rolled around and he was still holding his arm when he woke up. He said it still hurt, and he wouldn't let us touch it. Gus decided he would stay home from work and help me out! (Thankful for that and him might I add.) We got ready and rode into Savannah to St. Josephs Hospital. We were quickly seen. Which was very impressive. Gus and I thought we would surely be there for at least 4-6 hours. Due to the Flu and Swine going around Tucker had to stay out of the hospital. Which we were completely fine with. Gus took him outside and just walked with him until we were done.

The Doctor came around to see Ethan and told me it might be a NurseMaid's Elbow. Which is basically when the arm gets twisted and pulled at the same time and the bone pops out of place--Yes--very painful...
The Doctor said he was going to have to pop it back. He said that Ethan would probably scream while he did it but that he had to do it for his arm to get better.
So I prepared myself--Yes-- Ethan screamed like bloody murder. It was a quick fix and I was shown how to do it in case it ever happened again. After about 10 minutes of waiting to see if Ethan could move his arm, Ethan finally started smiling again and slowly waving. He still was protecting his arm by keeping it close to his body but you could tell-- that the Doctor fixed the problem.

So our quick trip to the ER was a total of an 1 1/2 long and no cast or X-rays was needed. I was thankful it wasn't broken or fractured!!
Thank You Lord

As I brought Ethan out we could see Gus in the lot across the way. Ethan had this big smile on his face and started asking for food right away.
He is still very careful with it but it is MUCH better. I am sure when he wakes up from his nap he will be our little Ethan again.

Thank you to those who were praying for us.
We appreciate it very much!

Gus and Krysten


Revelation 4:11

"You are worthy, our Lord and God,
to receive glory and honor and power,
for you created all things,
and by your will they were created
and have their being."
Revelation 4:11

Related Posts with Thumbnails